Kathmandu : One person has died due to electric shock in Kailali and Tanahu districts.
A brick kiln worker died in Kailali on Sunday morning due to electric shock while a woman died due to electric shock while cutting grass in Tanahu. Jawar Singh Chaudhary, 33, of Kailali has died due to electric shock.
Chaudhary had been working in the Sirjana Brick Industry located in Gauriganga Municipality-1.
According to the police, the wire was short circuited on Sunday morning while they were working in a house near Intabhatta. Another brick kiln worker Sujan Chaudhary was also injured when he tried to rescue Chaudhary after he was electrocuted.
According to the Area Police Office, Sukhad, Jawar Singh died on the way while being taken to Seti Provincial Hospital for treatment. Sujan, who was injured in the incident, is undergoing treatment at Seti Provincial Hospital.
Sita Rai, 54, of Upper Gunadi in Myagde Gaonpalika-1 of Tanahu died of electric shock while cutting grass on Sunday morning. According to Lila Raj Lamichhane, Deputy Superintendent of Police, District Police Office, Tanahun, Rai succumbed to her injuries at Ratnahari Hospital, Damauli.