Kathmandu : Two persons of Kholaghari of Sandakpur Village Municipality, Ward No. 1 of Ilam have died after eating poisonous mushrooms today.
The deceased have been identified as Tika Bahadur Rai, 50, and Jit Bahadur Rai, 52. Both of them had eaten wild mushrooms at the house of Birman Rai of Puwamjuwa in Ilam Municipality Ward No. 3 last Saturday.
According to District Police Office, Jhapa, Information Officer Rakesh Thapa, Tika Bahadur died today while undergoing treatment at Birtamod’s B&C Hospital and Jit Bahadur died at his own home.
Birman and his wife Bishnukumari were also brought to B&C Hospital for treatment after falling ill after eating poisonous mushrooms. Police said that they have returned home after treatment.